5.01.2008

NINJAS, CATBOYS, & VAMPIRES, OH MY!

alright, so in the time since my last post I've:
-watched the 3 episodes of Toshokan Sensou that are out
-watched episode 4 of Nabari no Ou, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater, and Special A
-finished Beast Master
-seen the scanlations and summaries of Shugo Chara chapter 28!!!!
-read xxxHolic chapter 157
-and started reading Bloody Monday

Ok, now that I've got that out there and organized I can talk about each in turn.


Toshokan Sensou
I've been meaning to watch this ever since the first episode came out, unfortunately subtitles took 3 weeks =(. But it's definitely worth the wait. This show is so fast paced! I'd love to read the manga and the novels as well, but I can't find them anywhere, well actually I really haven't looked that hard. It's a pretty interesting plot, though I'm confused I guess in the first place as to why they're doing all this and how long it took to get to this point? Anyways, I like that the main character is a girl, she's awesome. And I really really like Doujou haha. I'm thinking that mysterious letter handed to the captain guy at the end of ep.3 was saying that someone died and/or was seriously injured. My bet is on Tezuka.

Nabari no Ou
Holy shit, I love this anime. So much. (I tried reading the manga too by the way, but the characters seem so much younger so I kind of felt like a shotacon haha. And Yoite isn't as awesome, though he's a lot more destructive, he cut that one guy in half at Fuma village!!!) Anyways, this just keeps getting better and better. Haha, I really don't know what else to say about it, except that I can't wait for next week!

Special A
The brother situation reminds me of Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna, and to an extent Sasuke and Itachi (not that I am a devoted Naruto fan, I just like Sasuke, and I'll make this clear, I haven't watched any of the anime, and only read about 40 of the latest chapters) soooo I was bored by this episode I guess, cause you knew what was going to happen. Still though, I love Kei and his voice, BRITANNIA! I AM ZERO AND I WILL LIBERATE THE JAPANESE PEOPLE! or something like that. Maybe as a joke...

I kind of skipped through Soul Eater, because I had read about half of it in the manga, and I could pretty much tell where it was going. Wasn't too hard (deja vu?) Anyways, I watched the part at the end with Shinigami-sama and Death the Kid talking haha. Love him.

Also skipped through every part of Vampire Knight without Zero, just like normal. They went in a different direction I felt. I'm pretty sure Zero wasn't going to leave and I'm pretty sure that Kaname didn't know that Zero sucked her blood? Unless I'm just forgetting; it has been a while and that was one of the first couple of chapters. Anyways, there were a lot of really great Zero shirtless scenes XD

Beast Master
Awwwwww, Yuiko and Leo finally kissed XD!!! I love their relationship, and for only being 6 chapters (but at about 49 pages each) I feel pretty connected to the characters and in love with the story. That was a good one, definitely a favorite. I was mildly worried for a moment though, mildly.

xxxHolic
I only have one thing to say about this chapter: HOLY SHIT WTF THE TIME SPACE IS FALLING APART SLIDFJLSDFJKSDLFKJSDLFKJSDFLKSDJ. Oh, and: erm, wtf mid June for the next chapter? Come onnnn CLAMP, you'd better not drop the ball with TRC as well. We could also use some more Kobato, just so you know.

Bloody Monday
This was pretty interesting. I always have a thing for hacking in shows (.hack (haha), Ocean's, Italian Job, Bourne) you get the idea. The drawings are kind of weird sometimes, and the main kid is an idiot, buuuuut eh, we'll see how it goes. It's an interesting story line, with holes haha.

And last but not least
ASLDKFJSDLFKJSDF SHUGO CHARA CHAPTER 28!!!!! FINALLYYYY
Ikuto. You rock, enough said. Amu, why would you choose fruitcake Tadase over the sexy catboy lying in your bed saying you're the girl he wants.... I mean REALLY??!! (haha thanks Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers) So, we'll see. I know and you know that Amuto will happen IT WILL.




Oh, and I stopped by Borders in downtown Milwaukee yesterday while taking pictures and picked up the first decent copy of Blood Alone vol.2 that I've seen (The others have all been ripped or bent) sooo that was a complete success! =) And I also (finally) got Koukou Debut vol.1&2, though I cannot wait for us to FINALLY catch up to Japan. Volume 11 just got released this week, I mean, fuck this I want more YohxHaruna goodness! That manga is getting really good though for sure. Asaoka, wtf are you pulling?

So, excellent.

No comments: