3.16.2008

SPARE ME THE INTRODUCTIONS

Well, to preface, I don't know everything about manga and anime, but I still decided that I wanted somewhere to write down my thoughts. I am in full awareness that no one will probably ever read this, and that is alright with me. This is a very selfish need of my own to rant, rave, fangirl it up, and speculate about everything I'm interested in. Truth be told, I'm excited.

I've realized lately how completely superficial I am when it comes down to picking out a new manga to read. I'll check to see whether there's an attractive guy in it, if not then the chances of me reading it are less than favorable.

Take Fruits Basket for instance. I've known about it for a long time, but seeing as I don't have any friends who are interested in this stuff it never got a good review in my head. In fact, whenever I saw the manga in stores I thought the covers looked pretty damn lame and pushed the idea of reading it to the back of my head. Until one day while wikipedia-ing it I stumbled across a pictures of Kyo. BAM I was set. Sohma Kyo was the sole reason I decided to read it.

Sigh, so sad.

It's just that Shugo Chara! lately got me thinking about the need for a guy like Kyo in it (not even just the cat features, that is always a plus anyways). I (again) knew about it and even had it on my list of something to read/watch. I wasn't planning on getting around to it soon mainly because of how young the target audience seemed to be, and how shojo-ish it looked. It just didn't look deep enough. But then I saw a picture of Tsukiyomi Ikuto, and even more so than with Kyo I was hooked. He's my newest obsession and the one and only reason I can get myself through Shugo Chara. He's easily the deepest character there which at least validates my attraction to him. He actually reminds me a lot of Hei from Darker Than BLACK, and I guess in the end every single male character I'm completely head over heels for. They're always rather tragic and emo... and many have crazy fighting skills or catlike abilities ^_-

I really honestly don't know how to make anything look cool, including this blog, so I just put up an excellent Ikuto picture. He's really fucking rad.

PhotobucketPhotobucket



oh you

No comments: